Ornamental and Turf Pest Control Review

Is the Ornamental and Turf Pest Control License what I need in Alabama?

The Ornamental and Turf Pest Control License is required by the State of Alabama Law of those individuals who will be apply pesticides to ornamentals and turf for a fee.  This category includes persons who apply measures for the purpose of preventing, controlling, or eradicating pests of ornamental plants, shade trees (which may include nut or fruit trees, if used as ornamental plants or shade trees), and turf.

What does the OTPS / OTPC class cover?

  • Review of the State of Alabama Regulations related to Professional Services in Alabama and the EPA requirements.
  • Review the requirements of the label and define the components of the label.
  • Review the various types of weeds, diseases, and insects.
  • Review the formulations of the pesticides.
  • Review the math components associated with pesticide applications.

Where can I obtain the study materials?

What a great idea!  For the most successful class experience, you should obtain the study materials before attending class so that you may spend some time reviewing the materials.  The study materials can be downloaded from the Alabama Cooperative Extension System Commercial Pesticide Applicator Study Materials page.

What is the cost and where do I sign-up?

  • The class has a per session fee with a discount available for multiple attendees from the same company.  You may click here to register for the next OTPS / OTPC class. 

Thank you for your interest in supporting the AGITC, Inc.!

The AGITC, Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, and all class tuitions are applied to help cover the costs associated with operating the Center for supplies, office & classroom rent payments, travel, and utilities.